Welcome to a Nova Scotia source for rug hooking materials, supplies, and inspiration!
Come visit us and browse around the studio. We would be happy to give you an introductory lesson in rug hooking. Be inspired by our exhibitions of work, and browse through our selection of fabulous wools, hooking supplies, patterns and rugs for sale. We also host regular meetings of rug hooking groups in the Annapolis Valley region.
We offer a wide range of rug hooking supplies
- Hand dyed wools – hundreds of colours in solids, blends, and 3-value swatches
- Woven wools by Heavens-to-Betsy and Dorr Mills
- Locally hand-hooked rugs, wall hangings, chair seats, table mats
- Linen backing
- Rug warp
- Patterns (traditional and modern)
- Rug hooking kits for beginners
- Rug hooks
- Magic Carpet and Prochem Dyes
- Briggs and Little yarns
- Uruguayan merino wools
- Sari silk for hooking
- Hooking frames
Who we are
Present owners Leslie Langille and Blaine Allaby share a lifetime of experience in traditional and modern Nova Scotia rug hooking techniques and styles. In 2010, along with friends Hetty Van Gurp and Ward Carson, they decided to share their love of the art and opened the Moose River Rug Hooking Studio in Clementsport, NS.